At Windridge, we only offer wedding weekends, which means that we are here to help you create 3 days worth of wedding festivities, whether your style is minimal or more extravagant. On a wedding weekend, you have full access to the estate from 8am Friday to 3pm on Sunday, giving you plenty of time to design your one of a kind weekend exactly how you want!
We know that planning one day for a wedding can seem like a lot of work, and so planning 3 days might sound daunting. At Windridge though, wedding weekends are our specialty, so we can help make planning out how to use your extended time at the estate worthwhile with plenty of advice and tips to help you and/or your wedding planner create your dream wedding weekend, your way!
We always recommend that couples onboard a wedding planner or day-of coordinator for the actual wedding day and for events that require more extensive planning, like rehearsal dinners and Sunday activities, as we do not offer planning services or event coordination. We do have a list of talented event planners that we are happy to share with you upon booking.
Windridge Estate is our home, and we care so much about sharing this beautiful place with others during one of the most important days of their lives. Over the years, we have made so many treasured memories here and now we want to share that with you! Wedding Weekends are not for every couple, but if one is for you, then our venue might be your perfect fit!
Reasons to Have a Wedding Weekend at Windridge Estate
Having a wedding weekend means that you’ll have more time to have a relaxed and enjoyable celebration!
Take Friday to begin setting up for the wedding, settle into the farmer cottage/other accommodations, or host a welcome gathering/rehearsal dinner. With everything all in one place, you can wake up Saturday feeling refreshed and prepared, and enjoy being in the moment rather than worrying about putting up décor and organizing plans the day of.
Don’t want the celebration to end so soon? Since you have access to the estate on Sunday, after your reception ends, have a relaxed and non-amplified or unplugged gathering in the meadows or elsewhere on the property with your wedding party and remaining guests later into the night. We can bring a portable fire pit out to be the center of your intimate gathering. Plus, you can make s’mores!
Once the festivities on Saturday come to an end, there’s no need to worry about driving home or to a hotel after the wedding, as you can retreat to the comfort of the Farmer Cottage where you and your wedding party or family continue your stay overnight.
On Sunday, sleep in and take your time departing or celebrate some more with brunch, bubbly, and other fun activities nearby. We have plenty of recommendations for activities, like wine tastings, horseback riding, yoga and more, all of which you or your wedding planner can easily set up for your guests. We truly want you to take advantage of your time and everything Cazenovia has to offer! See our blog post on fun things to do in Caz here!
The BEST thing about having a wedding weekend at Windridge Estate is that you have endless options! When you book a wedding with us, you’re getting complete access to both of the barns, the Farmer Cottage, and the entire 80 acres of our property. To help give you some ideas for how to use each part of the estate, check out the list below!
Includes: 4 bedrooms, sleeps up to 10 people, full kitchen, living and dining spaces with elegant and historical charm. Sunroom, deck and heated pool.
- Perfect for either side of the wedding party’s use, but is typically used by the bridal party as there is a bridal suite.
- Coffee, bagels, and pastries can be arranged for you while you get ready.
White Stone Barn
Features rustic stone walls and speakeasy themed décor.
- Typically used as a getting ready space for the groom’s wedding party.
- Also can be used for a rehearsal dinner the night before the wedding, an indoor option for cocktail hour in case of rain, or simply as the cocktail hour buffet station. A hang out space for the wedding party while in hiding for the ceremony or as additional indoor seating and lounge space for guests during reception.
- Typically used as the reception space or as the Plan B/Rain Plan for ceremonies.
- Includes the bluestone patio with our large fire pit.
The Grounds & Main Pool
- Other commonly used locations include the apple orchard, the grape arbor, and the front lawn.
- Primarily used as outdoor options for ceremony and reception locations.
- Host a pool party the day before or after the wedding with your wedding party or a small group of guests. To see what your pool party could look like, click here!
Want some more ideas of how to spend time on your wedding weekend?
Host a Sunday Brunch for your guests in any of the barns or outside! Some options include having your planner arrange a Mimosa and Bloody Mary Bar or having a locally catered breakfast of bagels, pasties, coffee and more!
- Additional Group Activities: We can supply you with contact information to book local excursions such as horseback riding, hiking, winery and brewery visits, as well as activities such as massage/spa treatments and yoga classes! There are also 15 Fun Things to Do in nearby Cazenovia, NY that you can read more about here.
Want to see what a wedding weekend might look like for you?
Wedding Weekend Sample Itinerary
Rehearsal Dinner/Welcome Party
Extra Activities (Extended Package)
Pool Party, Yoga, Wine Tastings. Etc.
Wedding Ceremony and Reception
Wedding After Party Gathering
We truly hope that after reading this you have a much better understanding of what a wedding weekend at Windridge Estate REALLY is and what it CAN be! Like we said, the possibilities are endless and totally customizable to fit your wants, hopes, dreams, and personalities. No matter how extravagant or how laid-back, we’d love to help you create your dream wedding weekend, your way!
-From our family at Windridge Estate